Working with highly respected B2B research firm Summus, our intent is to create a definitive “State of Social Media for Business” research report that will be updated at least annually to provide a unique look at how companies are adapting to and benefiting from online technologies over time#
A total of 5,500 professionals across all industries have participated in our study so far, and the findings that have emerged about how businesses are using social media now — and want to be in the future — are fascinating.
Some restaurant-specific data to whet your whistle:
- Restaurants are ahead of the curve: 81% are currently using social media, compared with 60% in other industries.
- Facebook is a key platform: only 3% of responding restaurateurs don’t use it.
- Twitter is underutilized: 28.13% of restaurants say they don’t use it.
- While not a major presence yet, Foursquare is more important to restaurants than other industries.
- 52% of restaurants have seen more positive mentions as a result of their social-media presence.