By Derrek J. Hull, Blogger-in-Chief
Self-taught Chef Terri Rogers began serving the NoOodle – a 2011 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show exhibiting company smash hit – at her neighborhood bistro.
The NoOodle is made from high-fiber yam flour and water, making it a good source of soluble fiber, water and zero calories.
Guilt free plays the lead in these perfect-for-summer recipes.
Mamma Mia! Marinara
One 13 oz serving, 91 calories
8 oz NoOodle (Angel Hair)
½ cup Classico Tomato & Basil sauce
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
1. In a non-stick, Dry Fry NoOodles on medium heat until excess moisture is absorbed
2. Add sauce and mix for approximately 5 minutes
3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
One 13 oz serving, 90 calories
4 oz NoOdle (Risotto or chopped Angel Hair)
1.4 cup homemade chili (for a quick and easy shortcut, substitute Hormel Chili with Beans)
1 tsp reduced fat sour cream
2 tsp shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a non-stick skillet, Dry Fry NoOodles on medium heat until excess moisture is absorbed.
2. Add Chili and Mix for 4 minutes. Pour into bowl.
Optional: Add cheddar cheese and dollop of sour cream (add approximately 15 calories)
Strawberries & Cream
One 10.5 oz Serving, 100 calories
6 oz NoOodle (Risotto or chopped Angel Hair)
1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1/3 cup chopped strawberries
1 tsp sugar
1. In a non-stick skillet, Dry Fry NoOodles on medium heat until excess moisture is absorbed. Refrigerate NoOodles for 2-3 hours to chill.
2. 2 Mix chilled NoOdles with chopped strawberries and yogurt.
For more 100 calorie meal recipes, visit www.NoOodle.com.