By Derrek J. Hull, Blogger-in-Chief
Chefs - and fellow restaurateurs - seen on Food Network, Bravo's Top Chef and PBS will take center stage in the World Culinary Showcase theater at the 2012 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show to demonstrate cutting-edge culinary ideas and techniques.
The cooking demonstration theater (sponsored by Vitamix) provides an interactive setting to soak up the passion, innovation and inspiration shared by world-class chefs who will perform live on stage all four days. Hear the "cheflebrities" unique take on trends, plating and sourcing - and even participate in some Q&A.
This year's lineup is arguably the NRA Show's most impressive ever.
Saturday, May 5
- Rick Bayless, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Stephanie Izard, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- David Burke, 1 to 2 p.m.
- Food and Beverage Product Innovations Awards Ceremony, 3 to 4 p.m.
Sunday, May 6
- Fabio Viviani, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Spike Mendelsohn, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Richard Blais, 3 to 4 p.m.
Monday, May 7
- Stefan Richter, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Maneet Chauhan, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Mike Isabella, 1 to 2 p.m.
- Sarah Kosikowski, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 8
- Homaro Cantu and Ben Roche, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Chris Jones and Richie Farina, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Todd English, 1 to 2 p.m.
Registered NRA Show 2012 and International Wine, Spirits & Beer Event attendees will have a chance to see these culinary masters up close and personal all four days, May 5 through 8. If you haven't already registered for NRA Show 2012 or IWSB, go to www.restaurant.org/show. In addition to Twitter @NRAShow and Facebook, you can also join the NRA Show on Linkedin and YouTube.