By Derrek J. Hull, Blogger-in-Chief
Lebresco dished out ten tips to join in the conversation:
- Respect (the venue, the participants, the importance of even a single comment)
- Expect everything to be public (even if you intended it to be private)
- Speed is of the essence (react in a timely and appropriate manner)
- Openness and Transparency are key (trust is paramount)
- Never conceal (who you are, who you work for and what your intentions are - FTC Guidelines)
- Do your homework (search, listen, read, know your communities first)
- Identify an engager (someone who will represent you well)
- Nothing builds credibility like action (do what you say or don't say it)
- Gather internal resources now (get them trained and ready to respond)
What's missing? Oh yeah, that's why Paying attention is so important!
Word of Mouth Tip #229: Say thanks!
* Word of mouth tip #229 is from word of mouth super genius Andy Sernovitz's book Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking