By Derrek J. Hull, Blogger-in-Chief
These are the year's top 10 restaurant and foodservice industry news stories most frequently clicked by SmartBrief readers.*
- 129 rules at La Bernardin (5/20)
- White House chef is named (1/10)
- What makes a burger? (4/2009)
- Top 10 tips for restaurateurs (3/5)
- In-N-Out thrives on work force's professionalism (4/9)
- What was Tom Colicchio's biggest cooking mistake? (4/29)
- The secrets of the modern burger (6/30)
- How does Darden Restaurants stay successful? (7/2009)
- Burger King plans edgy interiors (10/7)
- Custom-burger concept succeeds despite recession (6/9)
Also, here is a hit list of your favorite SmartBrief SmartQuotes:
"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place."
- Nora Roberts, American author
"There is a real difference between managing and leading. ... Managing winds up being the allocation of resources against tasks. Leadership focuses on people. My definition of a leader is someone who helps people succeed."
- Carol Bartz, Yahoo! CEO
"He who has the fastest golf cart never has a bad lie."
- Mickey Mantle, National Baseball Hall of Famer
"If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress."
- Barack Obama
"It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously."
- Peter Ustinov, British actor and writer
Sign up for the National Restaurant Association's SmartBrief newsletter. Read more at SmartBrief.com.
* Results are based on the number of times each story was clicked by readers. Due to the time span, some links may be broken.